Mayfield Brain & Spine adds patient services in expansion of West Chester office
CINCINNATI – Mayfield Brain & Spine has completed the expansion of our West Chester location, offering patients new or expanded services in physical therapy, interventional pain treatments and imaging.
The project, which adds to the space in the current building at 9075 Centre Point Drive in West Chester, is the latest in Mayfield's steady addition of providers and services to serve patients with serious back or brain health challenges. In other examples, Mayfield moved into a new Northern Kentucky office in 2020 and has recently added advanced full-body imaging to the patient office in Norwood.
"We are listening to our patients and adding services to continue providing elite neurosurgical care, just as Mayfield has done for 85 years," said Mark Vorherr, chief executive officer. "We continue to explore targeted expansion opportunities as they become available."
The expansion in West Chester includes:
- The new X-ray department is open and fully staffed.
- Neurosurgeon Dr. Zachary Plummer, who joined Mayfield in early July, is seeing patients at the West Chester office and performing surgeries at The Christ Hospital, Mercy Hospital-Fairfield Hospital and the Mayfield Spine Surgery Center. Dr. Plummer joins three other Mayfield neurosurgeons who treat patients n the West Chester office – Dr. Arthur Arand, Dr. Brad Curt and Dr. Ronald Warnick.
- Interventional pain specialist Dr. Lynda Groh is treating patients in the new pain procedure suite in West Chester. Services include epidural steroid injections, radiofrequency ablation, spinal cord stimulator trials and intercostal nerve blocks.
- The expanded physical therapy space – the largest of Mayfield's offices – is up and running with four physical therapists and three physical therapist assistants.
- The office offers ample free parking and provides a convenient option for patients in the northern tier of Greater Cincinnati.
Founded in 1937, Mayfield is a nationally known independent neurosurgery practice, with 21 neurosurgeons and five rehabilitation or interventional pain physicians.
Neurosurgeons see patients at four offices and perform surgeries at nearly all of the region's leading health systems, treating brain tumors, spinal deformity, strokes and a variety of other disorders of the spine and brain.
"We are proud of the services Mayfield is able to offer in this expanded office, and we look forward to serving our patients with the diagnosis and treatment they need to live healthier lives," said Beth O'Connell, manager of operations in West Chester.
About Mayfield Brain & Spine:
Mayfield Brain & Spine is the full-service patient care provider of the Mayfield Clinic, one of the nation's leading physician organizations for neurosurgical treatment, education, and research. With more than 30 specialists in neurosurgery, interventional neuroradiology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain management, and physical therapy, Mayfield Brain & Spine treats 25,000 patients from more than 30 states in a typical year. Mayfield physicians specialize in the treatment of back and neck pain, sciatica, Parkinson's disease, essential tremor, NPH, epilepsy, brain and spinal tumors, stroke, moyamoya, brain aneurysms, Chiari malformation, scoliosis, kyphosis, facial pain, facial twitch, trauma, concussion, spinal cord injury, and carpal tunnel. As leading innovators in their field, Mayfield physicians have pioneered surgical procedures and instrumentation that have revolutionized the medical art of neurosurgery for spinal diseases and disorders, brain tumors, and neurovascular diseases and disorders.
August 12, 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE