The Mayfield Clinic has long been recognized for its commitment to the people who work here. Mayfield challenges associates to exceed the expectations of the patients and referring physicians we serve, and empowers them with the resources to do so.
The Mayfield Experience
Mayfield seeks the brightest and most qualified individual for each position it fills. Associates are challenged to continuously improve services and processes in which they are involved. Our physicians are some of the most respected specialists in their fields, and they demand excellence on a daily basis. The successful associate is motivated by this drive, and is rewarded for demonstrated quality, commitment to excellence, follow through, and teamwork. Each associate must commit to the mission and core values of the Mayfield Clinic.
What you can expect from Mayfield
Our associates enjoy pleasant work environments and flexible work schedules, competitive salaries and benefits, robust profit sharing/401k retirement planning. Mayfield provides recognition and rewards programs, associate activities and honors programs, and generous holiday/vacation schedules. Mayfield conducts associate satisfaction surveys every 3-5 years and employs action teams to respond to any issues or problems identified during this process.
Location: 3825 Edwards Road
Reports To: Manager, Patient Accounts
- Help develop and maintain a corporate culture that supports the mission and values of Mayfield Clinic
- Conducts interviews with patients and/or family members. Performs financial clearance function including, but not limited to, negotiating and collecting point of service payments (i.e. co-pays, deductibles, Out of Network Rates) or link to government programs and financial assistance.
- Provide counseling to patients on payment alternatives or resources, evaluate financial needs, provide assistance with payment arrangements (if applicable) for patients with self pay balances.
- Secure Mayfield financial interests (liens, etc.). Negotiate settlements with the patients (or patient's attorney).
- Utilize and enforce the Mayfield Self Pay and Recurring Bad Debt patient collection policies when patients with payment issues wish to schedule services at the Mayfield Clinic.
- Coordinate the process of qualifying and sending accounts to collections with the specific Mayfield Physicians, Managements, and the Collection Agency. Provide Data analysis on utilization and performance of the collection agencies that Mayfield utilizes. Reconcile agency placement numbers with the collection agencies.
- Make recommendations to physicians and management on patients who are uncooperative or non-compliant with our attempts to provide financial counseling and assistance. Communicate the decision of the physicians and management in an appropriate manner back to the patient.
- Negotiate prompt payment discounts with insurance carriers and patients.
- Secure Mayfield financial interests with auto insurance carriers (when applicable) either before or immediately after a patient is provided services.
- Follows up on Self Pay Accounts Receivable to ensure collections of outstanding balances.
- Maintains complete documentation of all activities performed on accounts.
- Provide communication to the staff as updates and changes occur in the collection process. Provide education upon request or as the situation dictates to associates on collection processes and policies.
- Contribute to team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelors Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Three years experience in physician based receivable collections or five years in general healthcare collections.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve
- Demonstrates excellence in customer service
- Able to self direct
- Computer proficient, including Excel and Word programs
Qualified candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 513-569-5279 or mail to the HR Department, 3825 Edwards Road - Suite 300, Cincinnati, OH 45209. Please indicate that you are applying for the Financial Counselor position.
Reports To: Jeremy Peter, Manager, Initial Care & Care Coordination
- Help develop and maintain a corporate culture that supports the mission and values of Mayfield Clinic.
- Provides excellent service to internal and external customers
- Demonstrates empathetic, helpful and courteous behavior to all customers
- Exhibits ability to express appreciation of the customer's unique needs
- Speaks clearly, uses good grammar and uses voice inflection that communicates understanding and concern
- Demonstrates good listening skills
- Demonstrates ability to respond appropriately to patients' fears, anxiety and anger
- Demonstrates ability to assure customers of Mayfield's desire and ability to meet their needs
- Demonstrates ability to gain caller's understanding and acceptance of Mayfield Clinic processes
- Exercises initiative, creativity and courage to act in the best interest of the patient
- Effectively executes Priority Consult Responsibilities
- Enters complete and accurate information into the medical history form
- Demonstrates understanding and skill in the use of Priority Consult Software
- Effectively communicates to the patient the physician's recommendation
- Effectively identifies and processes urgent patients
- Uses correct spelling and grammar in the history form
- Effectively facilitates the Patient Registration and Appointment Scheduling Processes
- Enters complete and accurate information into the scheduling database
- Follows proper procedure
- Demonstrates understanding and skill in the use of the ENCORE system
- Demonstrates understanding of the practice and physician protocols
- Works effectively as a team member and shares workload in an equitable manner
- Consistently handles ACD calls proportionally to staffing levels and department needs
- Routinely accesses Priority Consult "Waiting for Phone Call" queue and contacts patients with physician disposition
- Returns department phone messages and handles faxed new patient referrals
- Fills gaps in Switchboard coverage
- Maintains accurate schedules for the assigned physicians. Attends to physician office and template changes in a timely manner following established procedures
- Demonstrates an understanding and skill in the use of office management and telephone system hardware and software
- Participates in departmental, interdepartmental and organizational activities, and accepts cross training opportunities
- Performs other duties relevant to the position or as assigned
- Handles clinic films that are to be returned by US Mail
- Facilitates the completion of HIPAA acknowledgment of patient privacy forms and maintains paper file per HIPAA regulations
- Minimum of 3 years full-time work experience in the health care field
- High School Diploma Required
- High-level of direct customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills
- Computer proficient
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment
Qualified candidates should send their resume to email@example.com, fax to 513-569-5279 or mail to the HR Department, 3825 Edwards Road - Suite 300, Cincinnati, OH 45209. Please indicate that you are applying for the Initial Care Specialist position.